Friday 30 November 2012

On My Leaf

A few weeks ago I received a copy of "On My Leaf" by Sara Gillingham and Lorena Siminovich.  It is a little board book with a puppet built in!  So cute!!!


I know this is not a great picture but you can get the idea.  The little lady bug is a little finger puppet.  My 8 month old LOVES this book.  Anyone who has every been around a child this age knows that EVERYTHING will go into her mouth!!!  Books are no exception.  What I like about this one is that the pages of the book don't go into her mouth....she goes after the ladybug.  It keeps her engaged and gives her something to "play" with while I'm reading to her.

Each page of the book is cute out, in this case, in the shape of a leaf and the ladybug sits in the middle.  The person reading the book places his/her finger in the puppet through the back of the book.  My 3 1/2 year old likes playing with it too....and "reads" to his little sister.  It's great!

There are many books in this series and they are available at any bookseller who deals with Raincoast Books.  After a brief search I discovered that most of the booksellers in my area carry the books in this series or can order them for you.  They are about $9.99 Canadian....very reasonable in my opinion.  

This is a great gift option for the little ones on your list....I, for one, am heading for more!

Details:  "On My Leaf" (and others) by Sara Gillingham and Lorena Siminovich, published by Chronicle Books, distributed in Canada by RainCoast Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment